Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Brief History Part One



Back in 2006 when my website first launched Terry and I were talking about some of my work while hanging out in the Art Office. He was really interested in the documentation of the forest from the trees piece. He liked that because the piece was so temporary that the photograph became even more powerful and he suggested that we collaborate. I would make even more temporary sculptures that can only be seen in a photograph that Terry would shoot and edit.



Later that day I made this drawing in my sketchbook, on the a page opposite where woodgrain lamp from West Elm that Venuta put in my mailbox on the same day.