Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Christine's Sketchbook-April

Terry and I decided that our next step should be to take a walk to scout locations. I use my sketchbook for lots of things; drawing, collecting images and gluing them in, brainstorming, taking notes, writing down thoughts, and getting organized. Here's my notes from a few nights before we went location scouting. 


I saw these images of tulip fields in the Netherlands and I just love how color alters the landscape. My time in Iowa would have been even better if corn grew like this. The cat and hat drawings are from Mr. Tillman.


This is the big to do list that I made after the we went location scouting. I'm big into making lists while working on big projects. When you don't see the end product for months this reminds me that I'm making progress and keeps me motivated.