Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Christine's Sketchbook- May 28th

My new thing is to sit on the front porch after school watching the birds and the light on the houses across the street with Mr Tillman and working in my sketchbook.  I got some good thinking done on Memorial Day.

Last week I saw these images of a giant patterned rug made from flowers in Belgium. Ever since my childhood trips to Disneyland I've always been fascinated by people making pictures from flowers just like cross stitch or pixels.



I've also scanned updated versions of how I'm working with the location images. It might not look like much but the notes on the bottom represent lots of that dreamy kind of brainstorming that Kirk was talking about in yesterday's faculty meeting.


This last image is my current list of materials I think I might be working with. I made the ridiculous alchemist drawing after a conversation I had with Peter King about my new ceramic bows.