Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

things are getting greener

My Baltimore neighborhood is a mix of tiny yards carefully landscaped and all- out invasive weed wonderlands. Our back yard is one of the latter. This dreamy hazy shot was my attempt to photograph the back yard from our third story window. We haven't had the time to mow/weedwhack when the yard is dry so far this season so the growth and leaves are really on my mind.

In the meantime Terry and I have narrowed down our locations from 7 to about 4.5. I think we're still on the fence with this one so I decided to take a picture of what it's looking like with leaves since the trees were bare 3 weeks ago when we were location scouting.


This is the same space as "hill with tree" in the post from Druid Hill Park. I took this photo quickly from my car so as not to disturb a disc golf game. I'm still interested but the leaves (and the overcast light) make the space radically different. I'm much more interested in the three trees on the right and their relationship to the hill and disc golf net.
I'm becoming much more interested in color and how it will impact the sculpture in such a green space.