Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graham Engineering Project


spray booth, panorama, 2008


Last year I was a part of a project called Arts and Industry in with York Arts in York, PA. They paired artists with local industries to see what kind of work might get produced.
My interest in plastics led me to be partnered with Graham Engineering. A company who makes industrial blow molders. Needles to say I learned quickly that my work would have to be photographic because they  made million dollar machines had little by products I could work with.

I ended up altering the space with projected light. Making handmade patterns by drawing and collaging with theatrical lighting gels and projecting them into various parts of the factory and office space to create temporary light sculptures that exist only in photographs.

We thought I should post these here since Terry will be contacting a few of our sites for permission, and it'll be good to have all our relevant imagery in one place.

conference room, panorama, 2008

Mr. Tillman shot this photo of me working.


research and development, panorama, 2008