Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Monday, July 20, 2009

10b/Green Building


(click to enlarge)

Oh do I ever love the composition on this one. The two point perspective is so dramatic and the yellow flowers are just a little bit off center. This one is full of angles and big shapes and I feel like I build up drawings in much the same way.

Our super assistant Emma mentioned how much she likes all the little notes that have fallen down on the left side. I do too, it keeps the piece from being too perfect and brings movement into the expanse that otherwise feels almost diorama like.

Terry and I decided that for the exception of Niagara Falls each of the pieces would just use their locations as their title. This is the only one that I feel a little goofy about. I like saying 10b but it feels a little meaningless and random especially since we covered up the sign that said 10b with little yellow office-style post its. There's something to be said for keeping the title that we'd use in our conversations. Neither of us are big fans of titling.