Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Christine's Studio- June 18th

Today I decided that I needed more space to organize my thinking about how I want to use each space. Small little spaces in my sketchbook weren't doing it anymore. So here's the new system. I've attached printouts of our location photos to my studio wall and have started adding little post it notes telling me what  I had been thinking of doing. This feels far more organized to me and I add and take away notes as I change my thinking on them.

I also dug up the materials from our last collaboration. I want to find a way to re-use these in a new piece.

Here's my map drawing from 2007. I'm not likely to use it again but it's good to have around to remind me what worked in the past. I had to alter the grid so it would work with copy paper. I'm much more interested in working with a square shape. Good think I have access to a few  guillotine paper cutters! 
Seeing this piece again reminded me how important the lamination is on site. While hardly archival it lets you throw the drawing around, mark on it and work in damp spaces. I plan on switching to a tougher paper stock as well so the drawing can be another finished piece, not just an artifact from the process.