Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Inspiration From Flickr

For the last four and a half years I've used flickr a half social networking/half online photo album site. One of my favorite features is the ablility to add other people's photographs to your "favorites". I have a favorites list of hundreds of images and today I looked through them to see what might resonate with this project, that I might be able to share here.



Sometime's what I want to save is purely formal. I like the things like color, stripes or shapes and want to be able to look at them later.




I have lots of party and celebration imagery favorited. I like how photography can capture such temporary materials.