Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Christine's Studio-June 22

Monday was my first full day in the studio and I got a lot accomplished. Here's the map drawing for the green building shoot. Each little square represents a post it note- thanks to my friend the Internet I was able to see what colors 3M makes and plan accordingly without having to go to Staples yet! I'm thinking that I'll need a little more reinforcement on the adhesive for these. I'm using post-its more for the size than for the adhesive qualities.
Once I get a little more done for each piece I'll be able to blog about our exact plans.
Here's some of the plans that you need to make BEFORE making the map drawing. This one's for the Tractor Building at Clipper Mill.

Here I'm attaching selections from an image of the Tractor Building into my sketchbook to serve as a reminder of the dominant colors. While the building is all red brick surrounded by green overgrowth there's these really terrific teal barrels and window moldings. Color is going to have to play a big role in this piece.

Here's one of my studio assistants working hard. My mom knitted and cross stitched the afghan, I think it's related to this project.