Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Plans - Green Building/10b


Since our first site visit this was the location that I knew we had to do right away. I like the vertical surface, the green color, the overgrowth near the side of the building, and of course the view back to TV towers and the brick building. 

It's a building that's a part of a larger industrial complex behind Clipper Mill. We later learned it was called building 10b and houses a custom cabinet maker. This piece will be done in much the same way as the Tractor Building- using post-it's to construct a large botanical image this one however is hand drawn and based on a photograph of plumaria in a vintage Hawaiian flower guide.

The hardest part of constructing the map drawing was choosing the color scheme before I had gone to Staples to find out what post-its were available. I had to go based on information online, and while I found the colors I needed (and more!) they came packaged differently than I expected.



In this drawing I was trying to decide whether to use post-its or cut down copy paper on a guillotine. The drawing includes measurements for both.


The colors from the book are extra vivid. "Nature has produced many colors."