Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Christine's Studio- June 23rd

Tuesday was beyond productive.  Terry and I met with Louise and Betsy in the morning and from there I did my first supply run and then hunkered down in the studio till dinnertime. The map drawing for the Tractor Building took a while to really figure out but the drawings I made in the meantime are beautiful and will probably end up in one of the new clusters that I'm going to work out once I get back from an old friend's wedding in Chicago.

The Green Building and Tractor building pieces will be made out of post-it notes. Too bad I couldn't JUST buy the colors I needed. They all come mixed up in theses little color schemes that 3M must have thought would look good in offices.  Here's the assortment I left Staples with.
Here's the very beginning of the preparation for the Tractor Building. More info about our plans for that building to come soon.



Most importantly, Mr Tillman helped me put the air conditioner into the studio. My studio's on the 3rd floor of our house and it gets hot quickly. Seeing as how I'm putting in full days during the hottest hours of the day this was necessary.