Artists and colleagues Christine Tillman and Terry Lansburgh are making "sculptures to be photographed". This blog will chronicle their collaboration.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Plans- Niagara Falls Switchback

I hope it's obivious that Niagara Falls Switchback is simply the working title. This piece will be on the horseshoe shaped cinderblock wall at the top of the swichback on the Jones Falls Trail in Druid Hill Park.
Last summer Mr Tillman and I took a day trip to Niagara Falls while he was teaching at Chatauqua. The falls were spectacular but I was amazed at the idea that at night they light them up. We left before it got dark which means I only got to see the "natural wonder" in postcard form, which might be better.

Here's the switchback in question. The entire  curve is about 70 feet long. We'll be turning about 30 feet of it into "Niagara Falls" using my favorite hard to photograph material- mylar streamers.